Episode 51 Action Items

Follow Human Rights Watch on Facebook and Twitter here and Amnesty International USA on Facebook and Twitter here to stay up-to-date on both organization’s work on human rights.

Reach out to your elected representatives and tell them to de-fund the “Commission on Inalienable Rights,” because it is Congress’ decision to route appropriations. You can also request your Senators and House Representatives to hold a hearing on the commission. You can reach the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121. 

While you are on the phone with your Congressional representatives, urge them to ratify women’s right, children’s rights, LGBTQ+ rights, and more. If rights are ratified, this prevents administrations from being able to “question” the rights of certain groups.